WE'RE CHANGING...

Let us know what you want our new site to be like, what it should be called, what it should have on it.

Monday 10 November 2008

Vegan Recipie Of The Day - Monday 10th.

Usually I would also include a picture of what I had for dinner today, but I forgot to take a picture of it. I had Spinach and Chickpea Curry. I don't know the recipe, my mum made it, but the recipe of the day for today is:

Aubergine and Vegimince Lasagne.
I made this on friday (I think). I'd never made vegan lasagne before but it turned out alright. Vegans can eat lasagne.

2 Aubergines
Lasagne pasta
Soya mince (or vegimince or whatever. you can buy it in Tescos.)
Salt
Soya Sauce
Water
Vegan Cheese (if you like. I didn't put any on because I don't like it.)

Sauce:
Cooking Oil
Plain Flour
Soya milk
Salt
Pepper
Nutmeg

To Make the Sauce:
Heat the oil in a saucepan and add 2tbsp flour, cook for a moment of two. Add soya milk slowly to reach the desired consistancy, while stirring. Season to taste with the salt, pepper and nutmeg.

To Make the Actual Thing:
Cook the 'mince' according to the packet. Usually you cook it in a pan with an equal amount of water until it's all absorbed. Add salt and soya sauce if you like.

Cut the aubergine into circles (slice it that is) and fry it in some oil until cooked (Softer and sligtly browned).

In a large dish, layer the aubergines, vegemince and lasagne pasta however you want, and add the sauce (and vegan cheese if you like) to the top layer.

Bake on a fairly low heat until the pasta is soft.

Done!
I will be doing this every day until the end of the month now so come back and check tomorrow!

Please don't add meat/ cheese / milk etc. This would defeat the point of it being vegan. It won't be THAT bad, promise.

No comments: